Who we are……
In this age of availability, the options for education are vast. That, coupled with the freedoms that God has allowed us to enjoy in this country, makes it so that each and every one of us can choose the option that works best for our individual family setting. The one that best fits the path that God has set us on.
Lighthouse Christian School is a ministry that through the Abeka Book curriculum provides a quality education. One that is suitable not only for those who wish to graduate with a standard diploma ready to enter the workplace, but also for those who wish to pursue technical school or college options. We couple this with a Biblical, New Testament atmosphere, Bible class for all grades, and daily devotions. This is not meant to replace Biblical teaching or leadership in the home but merely to compliment and enhance it.
“To provide a strong academic education coupled with Biblical principles as taught by Jesus Christ.”
To continue with the theme of light, 1John 1:7 says “But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin.” As patrons and staff of Lighthouse Christian School, we look at this ministry not only as a vehicle for education, but more importantly an opportunity for us to allow our children to have the ability to shine the LIGHT OF LIFE in a safe environment away from parental influence. While learning as well to interact with others on a daily basis to prepare them for life itself.
Statement of faith…..
This school was initially organized and supported primarily by Old German Baptist Brethren Church New Conference members. Open enrollment to Christian families based on a statement of faith is the desire of the originators. It is an expectation that all families will mutually respect the guidelines of this fellowship. This vision is always able to be refined by the patron body.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the chief authority for the direction of man. 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
- We believe in the Biblical account of creation as given in Genesis. Gen. 1:1-31
- We believe in the triune Godhead, God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. 1 John 5:5-8
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. We believe in his virgin birth, sinless life, death for our sins, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father, and his personal return in power and glory. Luke 1:34-35, 1 Peter 2:21-24, Mark 16:5-6, Luke 24:51, John 14:3
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, through His cleansing blood. Eph. 2:8, Eph. 1:7
- We believe in the Biblical order of headship and the wearing of the head covering. 1 Cor. 11:3-6
- We uphold the scriptural standard that divorce and remarriage is not according to God’s plan. Luke 16:18, 1 Cor. 7:10-12
- We believe in separation from the world and abstaining from sinful pleasures which defile mind and body. 2 Cor. 6:16-18, 1 Cor. 6:19-20
- We believe that the non-resistance principles of Jesus apply to all areas of the Christian’s life. Matt. 5:38-45
- We believe the steps outlined in Matt. 18 should be used to maintain peaceful, Godly relationships. Matt. 18:15-22, John 13:34-35